Friday, November 16, 2012

Experimenting with fresh seeds

Today, I embarked on a new experiment to grow plants using fresh seeds that I extracted straight from fruits and vegetables.

Some of the vegetables seeds that I sowed today were red chillies, tomatoes, french beans (kacang buncis) and bitter gourd (peria katak). As for the fruits, my experiment involved fruits which many people thought to be not suitable for hot Malaysian climate such as California seedless grapes, red apples and pomegranate. Well, I heard and saw some people were successful in planting them so I thought to just give it a try.

Some close-up photos of the seeds:

 



The seeds were finally sowed in labeled polybags and eggtrays filled with fertilized soils.
I hope this experiment will be successful. Will revisit in 2-3 weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment